Parents or guardians living in Makati City, if you have a son, daughter, niece or nephew aged 6 to 21 years old who are willing to enhance their skills, you may encourage them to enroll in the City’s summer program dubbed as Sports, Music, Arts and Recreational Training or SMART. This is an annual summer training program that aims to develop the skills in sports and other fields of interest among young residents of Makati.
My daughter is one of its graduates in Voice Lessons. She was just six years old then and awarded with a medal as Top 10 outstanding graduate in that particular course.
For this year, the City Government of Makati will be accepting applicants starting February 13, 2017 at the Office of the Youth and Sports Development Department at the 9th Floor, Makati City Hall Building II.
Some of the courses being offered include academic tutorial; aikido, arnis, karate, badminton, volleyball, chess, table tennis, swimming, ballet, drama/acting, drawing/painting, voice lessons, and guitar lessons.
The program is open to residents who are required to present the following upon registration:
- Duly accomplished registration and waiver form
- Original and photocopy of Birth or Baptismal Certificate
- Original and photocopy of Voter’s ID or COMELEC Certificate of parent or legal guardian
- Two (2) pieces 1×1 latest picture of the child
- For children below 12 years old, parent’s or guardian consent is required.
For the complete list of courses being offered and other information on the SMART program, you may visit Makati Portal or call 870-1667.